Re: NEC-LIST:Loading parasitic elements

From: Jacob Schanker <schanker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 17:09:38 -0400

Tom:

There are several books and many papers and articles that cover modeling
Yagi antennas. If you haven't read any, it's a good way to start and make
your NEC experience more productive.

One book by L.B. Cebik on antenna modeling looks especially good. You can
actually download the chapter on Yagis from the website.

Go to www.nittany-scientific.com and click on Books. Then, at the bottom of
the page, you'll see a way to view Chapter 18 or download it. Cebik's four
articles on antenna modeling in QST magazine are highly recommended. (QST
for Nov. 2000 through February 2001). They are on the ARRL website at
www.arrl.org but you may have to be an ARRL member to download them.

By the way, you don't want to stick a load in the parasitic elements - just
model them the way they really are. When you say that the NEC results don't
agree with your measurements, you really ought to be more detailed - what
did you measure and how - what did you model and how (sample of your NEC
deck and output results).

Regards,

Jacob Z. Schanker, P.E.
65 Crandon Way