RE: NEC-LIST:NEC--LIST: Smith Chart.

From: Ben Dawson <dawson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 07:56:57 -0700

I just returned from a field trip to the Middle EAst and saw this traffic.

All I can say is anyone who has to do field work in the middle of the night
in the middle of a swamp (or desert) with not enough tools and local techs
with whom one doesn't have a common language, is going to use a PAPER Smith
Chart and an HP-41 or equivalent. The computer programs are nice for
generating reports and proposals, but Phil Smith gets my grateful vote.

Benjamin F. Dawson III, P.E.
Hatfield & Dawson Consulting Engineers
9500 Greenwood Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103 USA