RE: NEC-LIST:nec2 newbie question: Biconical antenna

From: Davor Virkes <davor.virkes_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:26:52 +0200

Right,

discones are also very popular as 2m repeater antennas, and there we have a
nice opportunity to observe wire skeletons in action, just like with NEC.
I just remembered some RF labs' exercises using discone. It was made as a
copper (plate) cone, also closed at the base where a connector was fitted.
I guess a rigid cable was inside a cone, as the disc was welded directly on
the cable end. All in all, very handy construction.
There are no baluns associated with discones, and it is a whole beauty of it.

Davor