Re: NEC-LIST:Simulations of Q and the Chiu-Harrington Limit

From: <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:05:37 EST

In a message dated 11/28/02 1:04:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dbaker_at_postino.up.ac.za writes:

> Have a look at "The Koch fractal monopole antenna: The significance of
> fractal geometry in determining antenna performanc," SR Best, pp. 194-213,
> 2001 Antenna Applicarions Symposium, U of Illinois.
>
> Duncan Baker.

I am always happy to learn more about my inventions Duncan. Can you summarize
what it says? I remember looking at this antenna in 1990 and do not remember
it as being particularly useful for a low Q antenna at very small height. It
is a reasonable example of a multiple current max in a small height when
somewhat electrically small and thus is useful as a miniature colinear at
about 1/8 wave. It has good bandwidth at that height.

Why did the author choose this? There are many fractal antennas to choose
from-why this?

Did I miss something perhaps?

What problem was the author addressing?

Could you forward a copy?