NEC-LIST: RE: NEC-LIST:Simulations of Q and the Chiu-Harrington Limit

From: Steven Best <srbest_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:10:18 -0500

Sorry, if I'm starting to get off topic here. This one will be brief.

Chip,

I'd be pleased to briefly answer your questions.

The Koch fractal monopole was chosen as a subject since it was discussed
in the IEE Electronics Letters and the IEEE Transactions.

The purpose of the paper was to compare the radiation properties of the
Koch fractal monopole to several meander line and normal mode helix
monopoles as a function of geometry and total wire length. The question
being considered was the significance of fractal geometry in determining
the resonant properties of a monopole of fixed height. Ie. The
performance of the Koch fractal was compared to meander line and normal
mode helix antennas of the same height and total wire length.
Additionally, their resonant performance was compared when the antennas
were made to be resonant at the same frequency.

Steve Best