Re: NEC-LIST: 4NEC2 Optimizer

From: Brandon Orchard <brandon.orchard_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:11:44 +0200

Hi Ed

The reason that I made the director element lengths a single optimisation
variable and spacing between director elements a single optimisation
variable during the optimisation process was more for a manufacturing point
of view. I also only allowed all the 'variables' to vary with a 1mm
resolution.

The boomlengths for the yagis were also set to a Maximum of 0.8 m for the 5
element yagi's and a maximum of 3.2m for the 17 element yagis (maximums for
boomlengths increased proportionally to number of elements).
Another bonus was that time to run the optimisations, for the designs I
previously specified, was only in the region of between 10 to 15 minutes on
a 1Ghz PC, as I found that 80 chromosomes and 80 generations (saving and
inserting the best 10 chromosomes from each generation into the next
generation) were more than sufficient for this relatively small size
problem.

I am going to attempt to find our '97 April AP magazine and look forward to
reading your article.

Kind Regards,

Brandon Orchard
Poynting Software (Pty)Ltd