Re: NEC-LIST: resonance and Q of an antenna and scattering system

From: Rob <rob_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:19:24 -0800

I always thought of antenna Q as the BW where SWR is 2:1 or better, but
thats a ham radio definition. Perhaps the bandwidth where the return
loss is equivalent to 3dB of loss from the feed cable to the antenna
would be better. I think that would be SWR of 5.8:1 Note that if you
include the feedline with an antenna SWR of 5.8:1, you will have much
higher loss due to increased voltage and current in the cable. See the
Amateur Radio Handbook for details. rob