RE: NEC-LIST: Q of multiply-resonant antenna structures.

From: <alan.boswell_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:43:20 +0000

Doug,

I think your algebra might need checking:

Q = 2*pi*(stored energy)/(energy lost per cycle)

which can be restated as:

Q = 2*pi*(stored energy)/(energy lost per 2*pi radians)

or

Q = (stored energy)/(energy lost per radian)

is this right? it seems to work for a series RLC circuit
where the power lost per radian is RI^2/(2.pi.f) and the
peak stored energy is LI^2 (I being the rms current),
hence Q = 2.pi.f.L/R = X/R, a well known result.

All the best

Alan