NEC-LIST: Re: FW: NEC-List - gnu optimization

From: <4nec2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:20:27 +0100 (MET)

Sorry, something gone wrong and message was refused. Next try...

#####

Hello Chris, thanks a lot for the suggestions.

> i noticed you are not using any type of optimization in your
> compile.txt...
> Try
> g77 -fno-automatic -Wall -O6 nec2dxs.f -o nec2dxsXXX.exe
>
> i tested with "t-ant.nec" distributed with 4nec2v5 (actually the .inp
> file generated by 4nec2 5.0)
>
> using what was in your compile.txt....
> RUN TIME = 24.084
> using the above...
> RUN TIME = 14.440
> using jsut the version with 4nec2v5...
> RUN TIME = 13.340

 I do not quite understand...

 The first time I presume you used the Nec2dXS.exe compiled as described
 in my compile.txt
 The second time I presume you used the same source but with one or more
 optimization flags.
 However I can not place the third run. If the Nec2dXS*.exe belonging to
 the 4nec2 package was used it should give the same results as the first
 run because they both should be the same.

> also noticed you have dataflow-type compile warnings generated once
> optimization is turned on. these warnings can only be generated once
> the optimizer is on... these might be doing bad things to your
> numerics...

 I (and some other users) did a fair number of tests to compare the
 original nec2d*.exe results with the nec2dXS*.exe results, but found
 no particular differences.

 I'll see what I can do with this new warning info and check out
 the new version.

 Arie.

--
(Please ignore the advertisements below)