NEC-LIST: GNU g77 compiler performance

From: <4nec2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:40:06 +0100 (MET)

Hello again,

it seems I supplied some wrong informations concerning the
performance between the 'standard' nec2d.exe and the
more recent nec2dX(S).exe compiled with the GNU g77
fortran compiler.

After some testing yesterday, as a result from reply by other
g77 users, I discovered that only the first three digits of
the nec-2 calculated run-time value were displayed in 4nec2.
This fact caused my wrong observation that the g77 based
nec2dX(s) executable was considerably slower than the
traditionally used nec2d.exe

In reallity it's the other way around. The time required
by nec2d for the 2601 segment structure was about 1150 sec's
whereas the time required by the nec2dX(s).exe was some 850
sec's. All this without using additional speed-optimization
options...

However for low segment counts (< 500) the 'old' nec2d.exe is
preferable because of the fast 'start-up' of this executable.
Especially noticeable when used within the 4nec2 (genetic)
optimizer.

Excuses to all g77 users and developers,
Arie.

--
(Please ignore the advertisements below)