NEC-LIST: Fourier transforms

From: David Jefferies <d.jefferies_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:31:12 +0000

Dear List,

I've been watching the discussion about
time and frequency domain equivalence
as far as Craig Grimes's contribution is
concerned.

I've always been worried about simultaneous
four-dimensional Fourier transforms
over an infinite range in each of the three
space dimensions and also the time dimension.

This must somehow intersect the relativistic
light cone, where the distance travelled
= +/- ct. Or maybe this is my misunderstanding.

But I don't see that in relativistic calculations,
such as must involve propagating energy away
from a stationary antenna, the frequency domain
and time domain results are necessarily equivalent.

Regards

David Jefferies.

--
David Jefferies