Re: NEC-LIST: Re: Request to mailing list NEC-List rejected

From: rsmueller <rsmueller_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:02:15 -0500

Mr. Grimes,

I am glad that you took the time to communicate with our NEC email list. It
is a good thing that you wrote and published your paper. It demonstrated
alot of hard work, effort, and original thinking. It is also a good thing
that Mr. Collins made it public that he disagreed with it. There are alot
of tough critics in the world that you have to convince before your paper is
accepeted as being correct. This has always been the case in science as
well as engineering. Gallileo Gallilei (sp?), James Maxwell, Albert
Einstein, and Ed Armstrong (FM radio) all had there contenders to deal with
too.

I have a couple of points to make about your comments at this time.

First, I wouldn't be too concerned about people not fully agreeing with or
accepting your paper. It would be better to be concerned as to why they
disagree. That could give alot more insight than just doing some math.
Math is a wonderful tool that the great thinkers have developed that can
yield some insight into the natural world. However, math, in itself, is not
a complete proof of the real physical world. Engineers and scientists
always want more than math before they accept new concepts.

Second, I agree with Mr. Miller, as alot of other people on this list
probably do. Frequency domain measurements can also include phase
information. Network analyzers do measure the phase as well as amplitude.
Time domain and frequency domain measurements are equivalent and correct.

Thankyou for stimulating my mediocre mind. It gives me somthing interesting
to think about while I deliver newspapers and pizzas until I get a real job
again.

Best Regards,
Roland Mueller