NEC-LIST: Measuring currents of antennas in NEC

From: Callum Heinrich <cheinric_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:39:42 +1030

Hello all,

As I perceive my self still as somewhat as an NEC2 novice, I have what
may seem to be a quite simple question to ask. When looking at the
current outputs from NEC2, is it safe to say that these are currents
generated by a matched load? The reason I ask this is that at the
moment, I am running a simulation in which I need to know the generated
current from an dipole antenna which is being excited by an incident
plane wave. However, for my calculations to be valid, this current I am
reading needs to be from an antenna with a matched load. Currently
(pardon the pun) I am reading the middle segment current value of the
desired dipole ( due to current distribution being roughly a half
sinusoid along a half wavelength dipole and the maximum current thus
occuring at the centre) and using this within my calculations with
limited success. Is this the right path to take? Or do I have to model
the loads of the antennas aswell? (Which is possible... I think)

Thankyou all for your time

Callum Heinrich