NEC-LIST: newbie question: split sources

From: Andrew Roos <andrew_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:35:59 +0200

Hi guys

I have been using EZNEC for about a year to model amateur antennas, and
often make use of the split source function. I am now using NEC 2 directly
(in it's nec2dx incarnation) so that I can automate the model generation and
analysis process using a simple Java interface. However I haven't been able
to find any information about modelling split sources directly using NEC 2
cards. I suspect that one simply puts two independent voltage sources (type
0) on adjoining segments, feeds them in phase with half the voltage of the
combined split source, and then sums the impedances of the individual
sources to obtain the equivalent impedance of the split source. Is this
correct, or am I missing something? (In particular, I'm not sure what a
"current slope discontinity" source (type 5) is, so if it is intended for
creating split sources then this is a missing piece of the puzzle.)

Many thanks for your help.
Andrew

Andrew Roos
Technical Director, ExiNet