Re: NEC-LIST: Inverted V & NEC

From: Jim Lux <James.P.Lux_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 14:25:27 -0700

From: "Weytjens, Filip" <filip.weytjens_at_transcore.com>
> I actually started with the two wire approach but I was not aware of the
use
> of a split source. I used one source at the top of one of the wires. Since
> this was odd (asymmetric) and it did not give me the results I was looking
> for, I started to think about a 3 wire geometry.

For what it's worth, the three wire approach is probably more realistic. If
you're actually building an inverted V, the center support/balun/coax
termination/etc probably has some finite width. It also makes the angle
between adjacent segments smaller, which "works better"... I almost always
put my feed points as a small standalone wire with one segment. It means
that when doing the EX card, I don't have to worry about which segment I'm
feeding, and, when writing simple "grep" type macros to find things like
segment current, it's also easier.