Re: NEC-LIST: Parallel wire modeling question

From: <wadavis_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:22:05 -0400

The problem here is not just the thin-wire approximation, but the
fact that any variation of the current around the wire is ignored -
common to most wire programs. Thus you would need to account for
such a variation. You might do that with an equivalent distance
adjustment based on electrostatic approximations to the quasi-TEM
fields in the vicinity of the wires if they are very close. Such a
solution can be found in almost every UG textbook on fields for
parallel wire stuctures. Bill