Re: NEC-LIST: LPDA simulation

From: <itr_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

Try the boom correction factor as applicable to yagis with grounded
elements: 66% of the boom diameter to be added to the overall length of
all grounded elements.
If this is not done the antenna ends up high-frequency due to the RF
shortening effect of the metallic boom.
In wideband LPs (gain 6-8 dBi, b/f ratio ~25 dB) this does not show up,
but presumably the effect becomes important in narrow-band LPs as well.

SWR (within reason) does nor seem to effect the gain or pattern of most
antennas. In LPs the SWR is set by spacing the two booms (assuming they
are vertically separated) the required amount, a la standard transmission
line theory.

Please let us know what you find out.

Ian ZS6BTE