NEC-LIST: Looking for an AM broadcast engineer

From: Dan Maguire <bethdan_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:38:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

The next release of MultiNEC will have the ability to compute and plot
electric field strength, including near fields specified via spherical
coordinates. One application is to plot the field strength near the ground
in mV/m at a distance of 1 kilometer from an AM broadcast antenna. I
understand that this kind of a plot is also used on a standard FCC form of
some type. I have seen one sample of such a form but it's not clear to me
that the plot was not a mirror image of the actual field pattern. Showing a
mirror image is easy to do if you get phi versus azimuth versus compass
bearings mixed up. It's not obvious unless the pattern is asymmetric, such
as with an AM station that needs to avoid interference with another.

If you have access to an FCC plot like this, and you have an antenna model
that corresponds to the plot (EZNEC, NEC, or just about any other format is
okay), and you wouldn't mind sharing both with me so I can do some
additional testing with MultiNEC, please contact me offline. Any plots
and/or models will be kept in confidence.

Thanks,
Dan
www.qsl.net/ac6la