Re: NEC-LIST: HF Antenna test facility, capability

From: Jacob Schanker <schanker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:26:03 -0800 (PST)

William:

If you are serious about full-scale gain and pattern measurements of a large
HF antenna or array, you ought to contact SRI International (Menlo Park CA).
Their helicopter-towed Reledop and Xeledop systems may meet your
requirements, but not inexpensively. (Look at:
http://www.erg.sri.com/telecomm/antenna.html). One of the British Aerospace
subsidiaries in the US may also have suitable facilities.

HF gain measurement is often done by substitution - comparison with a
reference antenna, often a half-wave dipole. Other approaches include scale
model measurements, and, of course, NEC.

Regards,

Jacob Z. Schanker, P.E.
65 Crandon Way
Rochester, NY 14618