NEC-LIST: Edmond Bruce questions

From: J. Mc Laughlin <jcm_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:36:03 -0800 (PST)

Dear Group:
I am trying to find out more about Edmond Bruce (the electrical engineer
not the navel engineer) who co-invented the rhombic antenna (with Friis)
and did a great deal of antenna work from the late 20s to at least the
40s.
    Apparently, Bruce filed a patent application for a "diamond-shaped
antenna" in Feb. 1931 that received a serial number (not patent number)
of 513,063. The pendency of this application is mentioned as late as
March 1939, which is a long time for an application to be in
prosecution.
    Does anyone know what became of this application? My speculation is
that, in spite of the valiant work of his patent attorney (H. S.
Grover), work published prior to 1930 doomed a patent from issuing.
    This is the most likely group of people to have some knowledge of
this issue.
    Thanks. Mac

J. Mc Laughlin - Michigan USA
Home: JCM_at_Power-Net.Net