Re: NEC-LIST: Bruce Rhombic antenna discussion

From: <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:43:04 -0800 (PST)

In a message dated 12/30/03 8:19:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jcm_at_power-net.net writes:
> I wish to say that I have found this discussion one of the most
interesting
> I have ever had the joy to read. It points out antenna history, its
early
> players and the problems with what I will call "techno-legal-politics"
that
> patents give rise to disputes.
>
> Thank you for the discussion!
>
> ed sayre
What's old is new:-) Or is it now called:'the innovator's dilemma?'

The antenna world has always been somewhat disputatious and likely it always
will be. I recall, a few months back, for example, a local academic antenna
'guru' stating that 'antenna patents aren't worth anything'. Not exactly
healing words:-) This was about the time he was trying to start a new antenna
company...try telling that to VC's.

Some people thrive on these issues. Perhaps it's important to remember that
patents aren't words on paper but committments of right of property. Needless
to say, some people get a bit strong willed if you enter or take their
property:-)

73,
Chip N1IR