Field Extension Re: NEC-LIST: Asking about MoM and FDTD

From: Wan Juang Foo <fwj_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:37:06 -0700 (PDT)

Alexandro,
alesandro Pirez <barcelona7791_at_yahoo.com> wrote on 23/06/2004 02:43 AM
> I have simulate the radiation pattern of a dipole,
> using MoM in free space. Now i would like to
> simulate a wall of bricks, lossy dielectric material,
> in a distance from the antenna. Can i do this in
> Matlab?

Did you meant to say that you simulated 'a' dipole using NEC and now you
wanted to write your own code in Matlab? I suppose you wanted to say that
the M files will eventually go for complilation into C. Answer is: Yes, it
is possible but do it if you are only going to develop your own code for
compilation.

The way I see it is that there is no point in reinventiong the wheel.

CONCEPT II can do that.
http://www.tu-harburg.de/~tegb/descript.html
http://www.tet.tu-harburg.de/en_EN/en_concept.php

I must say that I am in no way associated with TUHH, just a user.
:-)

> Also i have another question releated to FDTD ,
> I have found the near field of the dipole using FDTD,
> how can i transfer these results to far field??

Read the publications relating to "Field Extension (FE)" and the
application of 'Huygen's Principle' or Kirchoff's (or Kirchhoff's?) Surface
Integral Representation KSIR. ( look up works by MJ Barth, R R McLeod & R W
Ziolkowski OR the classic R J Lubbers and K S Kunz et. al.. ..???) Or
something like that.

Hope it helps. Just another of my 2 ¢ worth .

Tim Foo

.