NEC-LIST: NEC List Newbie

From: Phil Hystad <phystad_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:19:42 -0400

NEC-List:

I am not sure if this is the right forum for asking a few questions
but I will proceed. I have been researching NEC2 with the goal of
building it from scratch and then experimenting with various
problems. So, I have the following questions...

1. I have read through the content made available by the following
URLs:

           www.nec2.org
     and
           www.si-list.net/swindex.html

      Is this the best source for NEC2 sources. So far, I have
downloaded the file
      nec2dx_src.zip.

      Also, the information at these web sites appears old (2005), is
there anything
      more current or is this still current.

2. I notice that there are other NEC2 derived sources such as the C
language version
      which looks like it came from f2c. Has anyone done a NEC2
implementation or
      conversion to languages: Java or at least Fortran 90?

Thanks for any help, if there is a site that answers these questions
then let me know.

phil hystad