Re: NEC-LIST: Close parallell wires, segmentation.

From: <4nec2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:18:39 -0400

Oeps, did send below response only to the original poster.
However it could also be of use for others, zo I'll give it a second try.

> I am modelling a Coupled Resonator Dipole antenna.
> As there are several parallell wires close to each other, the
> segmentation should be the same.

Not needed to be exactly the same, but segment 'borders' (for parallel wires
within 0.02 wavelength distance of each other) should be within 0.2 wavelenght
of each other. At least that are the test-conditions I used in 4nec2.

Don't know if these are correct limiting values to use, but they warn one to
pay some additional attention tot the model used.

However note that it's a warning, indicating that this only 'might' decrease the
accuracy of your model. You should make a distinction between 'errors' and
'warnings'. Errors are likely to have much greater impact on the accuracy
of the model.

Maybe this info is of use,
Greetings,
Arie.

p.s. if someone should have more accurate data about these limiting values
and when to test/check of not, please let me know.

--
(Please ignore the advertisements below)