Re: NEC-LIST: Data exports from NEC2

From: Lux, Jim (337C) <james.p.lux_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:05:17 -0400

On 7/4/10 9:19 PM, "Garth Swanson" <garth.swanson_at_tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> I wonder if someone can advise about the possibility and procedure for
> exporting computed data from 4NEC2, e.g. tables of impedance spectra to
> EXCEL.

I open the NEC output file (4nec2 fires up notepad to do this), then use cut
and paste to put the text into Excel. Convert Text to Columns with fixed
columns breaks it up.

There are scripts and programs out there in C,Python, Perl, etc. that will
parse the nec output and make a csv or text file. Parsing NEC output is
pretty easy.

Jim