Re: NEC-LIST: How much should the size of patch be?

From: Juergen vonHagen <vonHagen_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 14:38:17 -0400

Jin Mouping wrote:
> 30centimeters. I use six surfaces to model the metallic
> object. These surfaces are divided into a great number of patchs. I
> found the various size of the patchs lead in different results. I am
> confused how much the size of the patchs should be. I would
> appreciate it if someone would clarify this.

Unfortunatly I have no solution to this. When playing around with NEC
4 I tried to model the ACES Canonical Problem by T.H. Hubing (wires
attached to opposite sides of a plate) with only little success:
different approaches using a wiregrid like the one in the paper, a
different wiregrid and surface patches lead to increasing problem
sizes with no convergence to a stable solution. This is perhaps
because there are wires attached to the plate.

Looking in the User's Manual of Nec 4, page 10 (the same is stated in
part 3 of the documentation of NEC 2), that at least 25 patches should
be used per square wavelength. The maximum size of an individual patch
should be 0.04 lambda^2.

I am looking forward to other contributions.

juergen

--
EE Department
224 Electrical Engineering East