NEC-LIST: NEC-BSC corner reflector model

From: Gareth Lewis +44 1245 242568 <gareth.lewis_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:06:56 +0000 (GMT)

Hello all,

I have recently started to use NEC-BSC v3.4 for modelling the RCS of
targets. I thought I'd keep it simple and started with a simple flat
plate, for which I obtained the correct result. But when I progressed
to a corner reflector (two plates at 90 degrees), the results were
quite clearly incorrect. I have attached the input file below. Can
anyone spot a mistake? As a diagnostic, I ran it with just the RP
terms. I got both of the expected specular returns from the two faces
of plate 1, but only one from plate 2.

Thanks in advance,
Gareth Lewis.

CM: CORNER REFLECTOR
CE: NEAR ZONE SCATTER
UN: GEOMETRY UNITS IN METRES
1
US: SOURCE/RECEIVER UNITS IN WAVELENGTHS
0
FR: GHz
10.0000
PG: PLATE GEOMETRY
4, 0
0.707100, 0.707100, 0.500000
0.000000, 0.000000, 0.500000
0.000000, 0.000000, -0.500000
0.707100, 0.707100, -0.500000
PG: PLATE GEOMETRY
4, 0
0.707100, -0.707100, -0.500000
0.000000, 0.000000, -0.500000
0.000000, 0.000000, 0.500000
0.707100, -0.707100, 0.500000
BP: RECEIVER AND SOURCE ARE TO MOVE TOGETHER FOR MONOSTATIC RCS
3
PN: NEAR ZONE PATTERN - AZIMUTH CUT
0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000
0.000000, 0.000000, 90.0000, 0.000000
100.000, 90.0000, -180.000
0.000000, 0.000000, 1.00000
361
SG: SOURCE GEOMETRY - FOR VV POLARISATION
0.100000, 0.000000, 0.000000
0.000000, 0.000000, 90.0000, 0.000000
-2, 0.500000, 0.000000
1.00000, 0.000000
RG: RECEIVER GEOMETRY - FOR VV POLARISATION
0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000
0.000000, 0.000000, 90.0000, 0.000000
-2, 0.500000, 0.000000
1.00000, 0.000000
PR: NORMALISATION FOR RANGE TO GIVE DB RELATIVE TO ONE SQUARE METRE
3
3.98000e-006, 3.98000e-006
PL: ASCII OUTPUT OF RESULTS
XT: