NEC-LIST: Coupling to short wires at low frequencies

From: Lach, Bruce <Bruce.Lach_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:21:18 -0400

I am calculating plane wave coupling to a network of wires with
NEC2. Some of the wires are only 1 meter long. I have to perform the
analysis over a range of frequencies, starting as low as 10 kHz.

My question is this: At 10 kHz, the 1 meter wires are much less than
1/1000 of a wavelength. The NEC manual states segment lengths of less
than 1/000 of a wavelength should be avoided. Will my analysis be
invalid for the 1 meter wires?