RE: NEC-LIST: Interaction between two dipoles

From: Yorko, John <JJYORKO_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 09:42:26 -0500

Robert,

I've never used the NX command, but I have simulated multiple
elements. I just put a set of geometry cards for each element. Now
if both of your sources are at the same frequency and the real life
operation is to operate them at the same time, they may act as an
array and become directional. To be able to predict the pattern,
however, you would have to know the phase difference between the
sources, which may not be predictable in real life operation. From
your question, however, it sounds like you have each source at a
different frequency. In this case, one will passively affect the
other's pattern. For the unexcited dipole, either just omit the
source, or put a 50 ohm load at the feed point using the LD card. You
probably won't see much difference between the two, though. Then
repeat the process for the other dipole.

John Yorko
ITT A/CD
Fort Wayne, IN