Re: NEC-LIST: Remarkable new patent

From: Wayne Covington <wayne_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:30:07 -0700 (MST)

> Transmit signals faster than the speed of light? :D Not very
> likely. It just goes to show that you can patent almost anything if
> you can afford to pay and convince a patent attorney of your fantasy
> invention. I think I will try and patent a time machine. ;)

> Roland Mueller

Yeah, the incredible thing is that the patent was granted. Thinking
about the whole scenario, maybe the guy was only trying to demonstrate
that you can patent almost anything if the description is sufficiently
obscure or esoteric. (Seems like he may be correct.) Or maybe he
thinks he can sell the patent rights to some sucker for a hefty
profit.

Wayne Covington