NEC-LIST: NEC-2 ver NEC-4 ver MININEC

From: Richeson, Peter D <Peter.Richeson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:09:34 -0500

I am an on again off again modeler who is back on. I have a copy of
NEC-WIN Pro and GNEC and have used MININEC and AO. I have been
reading "Basic Antenna Modeling" by L.B.Cebik, sold by Nittany
Scientific, INC. In it the author indicates that MININEC is better
NEC-2 with models that have wires that are close together and ones
that have different size wires, see page 10-3, "A folded dipole for
28.5MHz. When I run his exempts on GNEC I get different answers on
some of the problems than what he has for MINCING or NEC-2.

My question is, has MINCING been proven to be better with some
configurations that either NEC-2 or -4? If so is it documented
somewhere?

Mr. Cebik, if you are on the list please don't take this as wrong. I
was under the impression that MININIC was a striped down version of
NEC-2 and therefore not as accurate. You don't come right out and
state that MININIC has been proven more accurate in this
configuration.

Thanks