Re: NEC-LIST: NEC-2 ver NEC-4 ver MININEC

From: James Logan <JCLogan0922_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:17:59 -0400 (EDT)

Mr. Peter Richardson,

Please allow me to make a few comments (from the original authors of
MININEC) regarding "Expert MININEC" performance:

Some clarification is needed that MININEC is a different formulation
from NEC.

MININEC uses a Galerken procedure to solve a potential integral
formulation. The original BASIC version used pulse expansion
functions. Our latest version is written in FORTRAN and uses
triangular expansion functions. The user interface is written in
visual BASIC for a Windows environment. "Expert MININEC" includes
graphics and on-line context sensitive help and on-line
documaentation.

NEC solves different integral formualtion using a three term spline
expansion function -- cosine, sine + constant -- with point matching.

"Expert MININEC" does a very good job of

(1) modeling the stepped radius

(2) modeling wires of different radius

(3) modeling wires with very small radius

(4) modeling wires with somewhat large radius

(5) modeling wires that join at right angles (e.g. square loops)

(6) modeling parallel wires (e.g. yagi antennas)

All of this is addressed in our documentation.

For examples and more information, please contact our publishers at
emsci_at_aol.com or visit their web site at http:\\www.emsci.com .

Thank you.

James Logan