NEC-LIST: Current Source - Correct NT Card

From: quang <quang_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 20:30:25 +1000

Hello everyone,

A) Can anyone suggest any better solutions/or anything wrong with
current source methods below :

I try to feed my phased array with current sources in 3 different
methods:

    1) Put a big resistor (1E+6) in series with voltage source.
    Found: Due to huge loading resistance->Power loss, efficiency=0.

    2) Using NT card where y11(Re,Im)=y22(Re,Im)=(0,0) and
    y12(Re,Im)=(1,0).

    Found: Different current values (Re,Im) at feeding segment in
    comparison to case (1) above, but the calculated mag of both
    are the same.

    3) Using TL with 1/4 wavelength line connecting source
    Found: Because of frequency dependent->no further interest !

I can easily vary the phase by changing the voltage source values,
this respectively cause changes in current (a simple vector plot of
current input vector in complex domain is enough to show changing
phase). I was expecting both methods (1 and 2) produce the same
current at feed point (or at least closely match one another) but it
is not true at all. Got confused here !!!!

B) What is the standard method to generate a current source with NEC2 ?
Wondering how EZNEC/ELNEC or SuperNEC generate current source ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Quang