NEC-LIST: Polarisation

From: Steve Leach <S.Leach_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:59:51 +0100

Hi. I have a couple of questions regarding polarisation issues in NEC.

Firstly, is there an easy (or failing that a hard) way to process the
outputs I get from NEC Win Pro so that I can plot antenna patterns of
polarised Gain, ie RCP. Currently I can plot the horizontal vertical
or total gain none of which are that helpful when I am modelling
circular polarised antennas! I can get the Efields (theta and phi)
and reconstruct the CP Efield but that doesn't get me gain values
which I need.

Secondly, has anyone ever examined the polarisation definitions in
NEC. If I take the E-field outputs from NEC and I do Etheta + jEphi I
get the RCP Efield, however this appears to be contadictory to Balanis
in Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics where it works out to be
Etheta -jEphi, Anyone else come across this problem or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Steve Leach
Centre for Communication Systems Research
University of Surrey
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH UK
e-mail  : S.Leach_at_eim.surrey.ac.uk
tel     : +44 1483 259483    fax   : +44 1483 876011