NEC-LIST: Rectennas and Wireless Power Transmission...

From: David Moss <dimoss_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 02:46:28 -0800

Hello All,

I am an undergraduate student at UBC and I have undertaken a project to
design and build a small Wireless Power Transmission (WPT) system. Although
I have already obtained a microwave source at 6GHz, I still need to develop
a rectenna to receive the power and convert it into DC. After scouring many
Internet sources, I have determined that the attached "H-dipole" style
rectenna works best for low cost construction.

I am now in the process of modeling this antenna in NEC and hope to use this
information to maximize my design. I am sending this e-mail out to ask if
anyone on this mailing list has had any experience designing WPT systems in
the past or if anyone could offer any other sources for information
regarding this technology. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

David Moss

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of rectenna.JPG]