Re: NEC-LIST: Re: Request to mailing list NEC-List rejected

From: <ekmiller_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:22:19 -0700

Hello,

I've been following the discussion concerning the analysis of Grimes and
Grimes with some interest but incomplete understanding and, I must admit, a
little skepticism.

However, there is one thing of which I'm pretty certain. That is that a
time-domain analysis and frequency-domain analysis must yield the same
results when the excitation is time-harmonic. Unless, that is, the problem
at hand involves a non-linear medium or component, such as a load whose
resistance depends on the current through it; or when there are independent
time variations involved, such as when a load impedance is a function of
time. In such cases a time-domain analysis is certainly called for although
for some special cases possibly a frequency-domain approach may be used.

Edmund K. Miller
3225 Calle Celstial
Santa Fe, NM 87506-1213
505-820-7371