NEC-LIST: Most 'useful' sizes(diameters) for sparse arrays?

From: <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:01:14 EST

My colleagues and I are having some fun simulating sparse arrays. The issue
is translating the fun to something useful. Any suggestions on what array
SIZES (in wavelengths) are most sought after in sparse arrays? ( I know the
desired resolution sets this up; that's not the question:-)) For example,
radio astronomers want sparse arrays that are many thousands--even millions--
of waves in diameter, while some sparse arrays in commercial apps are only a
few waves in size. Wondering if there is a 'sweet spot' in the dynamic range
of diameters(sizes) that would be most useful to think about.

Appreciate any feedback.

73,
Chip N1IR