Re: NEC-LIST: US metrics question

From: Jürgen v.Hagen <j.vonhagen_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:03:56 +0100

Jim Lux <James.P.Lux_at_jpl.nasa.gov> schrieb am 01.03.03 00:14:22:

> As a practical matter, they also still use a lot of feet/inches in England
> (at least my wife's relatives do, but then, they aren't building antennas)

strange enough, British Scuba divers will use metres for depths, bars for pressures,
feet for the tallness of people and pounds and stones for their weight, even if the
measure the weight of the weight belt in kilogrammes. British also are familiar
with chains, furlongs and the like.

Serious enough, as far as I remember, the US government strongly recommends
the use of Iso A4 paper, and not the usual letter sized paper. Same holds for
the metric system.

cheers
juergen