Re: NEC-LIST: Edmond Bruce questions

From: Alexandre Kampouris <ak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:44:05 -0800 (PST)

Oops again !

At 12:11 28.12.2003, Alexandre Kampouris wrote:

>Looking up the horizontal V antenna, I see this from Philip Staats Carter
>of RCA filed 11.06.1930 .
>http://l2.espacenet.com/espacenet/bnsviewer?CY=fr&LG=fr&DB=EPD&PN=US1974387&ID=US+++1974387A1+I+
>
>Looking at other stuff which comes up under "Edmond Bruce", I saw this :
>http://l2.espacenet.com/espacenet/bnsviewer?CY=fr&LG=fr&DB=EPD&PN=US1974387&ID=US+++1974387A1+I+
>.

The second link should be :
http://l2.espacenet.com/espacenet/bnsviewer?CY=fr&LG=fr&DB=EPD&PN=US2133806&ID=US+++2133806A1+I+

You can find more stuff here :
http://ep.espacenet.com

Enter "Bruce Edmond" in the inventor's name field. There will be some
chaff, but the important stuff will also come out.

>> Does anyone know what became of this application? My speculation is
>>that, in spite of the valiant work of his patent attorney (H. S.
>>Grover),
>
>On page the US patent's cover page, a Guy T. Morris is identified as being
>the attorney. Dunno if they belonged to the same partnership, or if he was
>a BTL employee.

BTW, I've just noticed one more thing : in the RCA patent US1974387 (the
first link above), the attorney was (the?) H.S. Grover you had mentioned
(look at the bottom right corner of page 2/12, the signature and initials
are quite legible there). It would be surprising that competitors would
retain the services of the same attorney, it would in any case raise
questions of ethics for the attorney. What is your source ?

Salutations,

Alexandre