Re: NEC-LIST: RF Voltage Levels

From: Paul Carlier <pcarlier_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 05:59:49 -0500

Following on from Ben's comments, I always use a small capacitance as close
as possible in value to the true capacitance of the insulator. This value
can sometimes be obtained from the manufacturer or by measurement. I have
built up a database of values for different types. A large Decca style oil
filled insulator typically comes out at around 30pF. If there are static
leak resistors, I add an appropriate resistance in parallel.

Also, don't forget that all voltages and currents in NEC are peak values,
not RMS.

Paul Carlier