RE: NEC-LIST: Lahey LF90 vs DEC PowerStation

From: <Ron.Marino_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: 03 Feb 1998 10:08:33 -0500

---- Roy Lewallen wrote ----

Well, it's about time to reach for the wallet and decide whether to
upgrade to Lahey LF90 v. 4, or to jump ship and get the DEC
Powerstation. Last I heard, the DEC compiler ran circles around Lahey
for speed in running NEC, with as much as 2 or 3 times speed
improvement being reported.....

Is it true that if you want to compile using the Lahey LF90 compiler
that the source code must be in FORTRAN 90 not FORTRAN 77? I have
been informed that the present NEC codes are in FORTRAN 77 and that
they will have to be converted to FORTRAN 90.

Ron Marino