NEC-LIST: RFI/EMI Policies at Universities and Research Labs?

From: Dave Michelson <dmichelson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 01:26:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi, all.

I've been approached by a local university to help them formulate a
policy concerning the extent to which commercial repeaters and other
transmitters should be allowed on campus.

Their interest in the additional revenue is tempered by concern that the
resulting RFI/EMI may compromise research activities involving low-noise
electronics. The biggest fear is that once the commercial transmitters
are in place, they'll be very difficult to remove.

I would be most interested to learn what measures other universities
or research organizations have adopted concerning this issue.

--
Dave Michelson
dmichelson_at_home.com