RE: NEC-LIST: Imperial metrics in the UK

From: <ghagn_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 23:33:26 -0500

David:

I enjoyed your note on metrification. Some of my friends at the U.S. Dept.
of Commerce NIST gave it a good shot trying to get the US to convert, but
to no avail. US business opted for the short term savings of not converting
rather than the lont-term benefits of standardization.

The last time I checked, only the US and Albania had not converted from a
global standpoint. Maybe Albania has by now converted.

George Hagn